Sunday, April 19, 2015

Gobi Manchurian...My Mom's Speciality

Its The Glorious 60. Happy Birthday Amma :) The person who brought me into this world...Who introduced me to knives, spoons ladles and kadhais. Whatever I am today is because of her hard work and training. Gobi Manchurian is one of My Amma's Specialities. I feel she makes the World's Most Tasty Gobi Manchurian. So here's a dedication from my side on her Milestone Birthday. Gobi Manchurian..Mommy's Style. In the below you see a hand written book of recipes by her. She gave me this book when i was starting my new life after maarriage. My cherished possession...That's like my guide and support. 
Ingredients:

Cauliflower - 1 medium size
Spring onions - a bunch chopped
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
Capsicum- 1 chopped
Green chilles - 4 nos slit into two
Soya sauce - 1 1/2 tsp
Tomato sauce - 2 tsp
Chilli sauce - 1 tsp
Corn flour - 3 tsp
Water - 1 cup

For Batter:
Cornflour- 1/2 cup
All purpose flour or maida - 1/2 cup
Soya sauce - 1 tsp
Salt - as per taste
Method:
  • Cut cauliflower into medium sized florets.
  • Make a thin batter of the above For Batter ingredients.
  • Dip the florets in the batter and fry till crisp and keep aside.

  • Heat oil in a pan.
  • Add ginger garlic paste and fry well till the raw smell disappears.
  • Drop in the capsicum, green chillies and chopped spring onion and fry well.
  • Reserve some chopped spring onion for garnish.
  • Add soya, tomato and chilli sauces.
  • Check for salt
  • Finally add a paste of cornflour and water (3tsp cornflour in 1 cup water) and bring to a boil.
  • Just before serving add the fried cauliflower pieces and mix lightly.
  • Garnish with the reserved chopped spring onion and serve hot.
Note:
  • Do not over mix after adding the cauliflower pieces.
  • Serve immediately for best results
  • If you want it semi dry you can increase the quantity of water.

HAPPY COOKING!!!














No comments :

Post a Comment