Sunday, November 8, 2015

Dry Fruit Choco Balls

Diwali, the festival of lights...The festival of crackers, sweets, savouries, meeting and greeting is finally here. I normally make tried and tested recipes. But this time I thought I will give it a twist and prepare something different. My friend once bought this to our yoga class and said its sugar free, ghee free and all natural. I tasted one and kept on popping one after the other non stop into my mouth. These are delicious and easy to make...I am sure all the kiddies will love it. Do try this fr diwali and surprise your family.

 Ingredients:
Almonds - 1 cup
Dates - 1 1/2 cup deseeded
Cocoa powder - 3 1/2 tbsp
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
Coconut grated - 4 tbsp (optional)
I never used it
Salt - a pinch
Method:
  • Wash dates, pat them dry with a towel, deseed and set aside.
  • Pulse the almonds to a coarse powder in a mixer and transfer to a bowl.
  • Then pulse the dates, cocoa powder,essence and salt to a rough mixture.
  • Combine the almonds and the date,cocoa mixture together.
  • If you want you can add a few drops of water and bring all together to form a mass.
  • Pinch out small portions and shape into tiny bite size balls.
  • Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated. 

Note:
  • The original recipe calls for pulsing all together in a mixer. But I found it tough to do that because some almonds remained unpowdered. Hence I chose the above method.
  • If you want to increase the sweetness you can add a little jaggery syrup.
  • If you are adding coconut, add it along with the dates. 


HAPPY DIWALI!!!




1 comment :

  1. Your post is very helpful, thank you. The practice of drying fruit dates back thousands of years and the first documented cases date back to around 1700BC. Seeing as though it has continued to enjoy success over the years, there much be some reason behind this form of food preservation. See more http://survival-mastery.com/diy/food_preserv/how-to-dry-fruit.html

    ReplyDelete